Educare of Chicago
Educare of Chicago is a state-of-the-art school that serves approximately 150 at-risk infants, toddlers, and preschoolers in Chicago's Grand Boulevard neighborhood.
Launched by the Ounce of Prevention Fund in 2000, Educare works to narrow the achievement gap between at-risk children and their more advantaged peers by giving students the skills they need to succeed in school.
The Educare model the Ounce developed at this Chicago school has inspired the creation of other Educare Schools in the Educare Learning Network.
In 2009, the Ounce partnered with the University of Chicago Urban Education Institute to develop a birth-to-college pipeline for the children at Educare.
We consistently evaluate our Educare model to improve the program, spur innovation, and ensure we are truly making a difference in children's lives. Examples of program evaluations at Educare of Chicago that have led to improvements include:
- Educare Follow-Up Study
- Early Childhood Mental Health Project
- Early Math Initiative
- Infant and Toddler Language and Literacy Promotion Project
- Today show feature on Educare
- Education Week profile of Educare of Chicago
- Catalyst Chicago profile of Educare's birth-to-college pipeline
- Educare: Catalyst for Change